Our school values guide us – students and staff alike – in our decision-making, our interactions, our attitudes towards the work we complete, our participation in additional activities and our relationships with the different environments we encounter.
Eden Park High School has a set of four critical questions which define our vision, mission, ethos and values:
Why do we exist?
To improve outcomes and transform lives
How do we behave?
With integrity, endeavour and kindness
Integrity comes from knowing the difference between right and wrong, and choosing to do what we know is right.
We show integrity by:
- Doing the right thing, even if nobody is looking
- Doing the right thing, even if others around us are not doing so
- Speaking honestly and showing ourselves to be trustworthy
- Being honest with ourselves about what we’re currently able to do
- Having courage and self-belief, and staying focused on our goals and aspirations
- Speaking out against injustice
Endeavour means trying hard to achieve success.
We show endeavour by:
- Participating fully in activities and opportunities
- Asking the questions that allow us to know more and understand the world more deeply
- Developing our mental and physical wellbeing, and responding resiliently to challenges
- Embracing and relishing the challenges that take lots of effort, practise – and the occasional setback – to realise our most ambitious goals
Kindness allows us to experience the world as fulfilling, supportive and full of opportunity.
We show kindness by:
- Interacting courteously with everyone we meet
- Being supportive of others and helping them to feel good about themselves
- Being kind to ourselves, especially in the event of things not going our way
- Being attentive to ourselves, other people and the world around us
- Building healthy relationships with other people, the environment, objects, ideas and technology
What do we do?
We create a welcoming school where people develop a deep sense of belonging. At Eden Park High School, we flourish, make excellent progress and succeed.
How do we succeed?
We develop a strong culture, academic rigour and robust systems.